Welcome to Little Roots!
Hi! I’m Emily, wife and homeschool mom to three. This is my little space in the world where you’ll find: reading recommendations, hospitality tips, recipes, a little homeschool & daily life, and spiritual reflections.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
- A Very Normal List of Things I’m Grateful For(Inspired to make my own list, thanks to Katie Blackburn) Every morning since that dreaded November time change, my alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. and getting my feet to touch the floor doesn’t feel quite so hard anymore. Why didn’t someone tell me before this year to pair new… Continue reading A Very Normal List of Things I’m Grateful For
- Advent Guide 2022“If you’re physically starving, you will groan, but spiritual starvation will make you groan too. So here’s the good news of the Christmas story: the birth of Jesus is an invitation to the best, most satisfying dinner ever.” –Paul Tripp The purpose of this Advent Guide is not to provide a… Continue reading Advent Guide 2022
- 5 Ideas for Hospitality & Holiday Outreach1. Soup & Sandwich Luncheon I first heard the concept of a “standing invite” from Rosaria Butterfield, one of today’s leading voices for Christian hospitality. A standing invite is simply an invitation into a rhythm that occurs at the same time each week or month (think every Friday night or… Continue reading 5 Ideas for Hospitality & Holiday Outreach
- 25 Fall Recipes“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage- pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside.” -Steven Covey Breakfast Half Baked Harvest Pumpkin Coffee Cake Muffins Sally’s Baking Addiction Pumpkin… Continue reading 25 Fall Recipes
- 5 Resources to Change Up Devotions with Your Kids This SummerLast summer I released this blog post on a few resources to change up devotions with your kids over the summer. Today I’m hopping on to share a few new things we’ve added to our stack! When I feel like my kids are starting to get bored or restless with… Continue reading 5 Resources to Change Up Devotions with Your Kids This Summer
- Favorite Books on MotherhoodMy Favorite Books on Motherhood I don’t remember when I read my first book on motherhood, but I do remember thinking, “I don’t need this yet. My daughter is still too young.” Fast forward not too many years later and I remember thinking, “I wish this had been the book… Continue reading Favorite Books on Motherhood
- April Book Lists“Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere.” —Jean Rhys Looking for book ideas for the new month? I’ve got you covered heading into spring! As promised, there’s adult recommendations as well as children’s picture books. Head… Continue reading April Book Lists
- St. Patrick’s DaySt. Patrick’s Day is more than a day dressing in green and talking about leprechauns and rainbows! As parents or caregivers of children, we can use even this holiday as another opportunity to point children to the gospel. Not even sure what that could look like? I promise, you don’t… Continue reading St. Patrick’s Day
- Easter Guide 2022Little Root’s Easter Guide 2022 is simply a list of some of the best Christian books and resources currently available to help you prepare for Easter individually and as a family. I have tried my best to curate something for every age group in my lists. Children’s Picture Books The… Continue reading Easter Guide 2022
- Every Moment Holy, Even Sleep Insomnia“I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me.” Psalm 3:5 My Journey I remember the exact week on the calendar when my third baby finally started sleeping through the night (hello 9 months!) While I had coveted the long awaited rest of a full night’s sleep,… Continue reading Every Moment Holy, Even Sleep Insomnia
- November 2022(2)
- October 2022(1)
- September 2022(1)
- July 2022(1)
- May 2022(1)
- March 2022(2)
- February 2022(1)
- July 2021(1)
- May 2021(2)
- April 2021(1)
- March 2021(5)
- February 2021(4)
- January 2021(7)
- December 2020(6)
- November 2020(1)
Thanks for Visiting!
I would love to hear more about where you are desiring to grow in your life. Head over to my contact page and send me a quick note!