When showering life-giving words on another human, don’t just pick the people you know well. Notice the one who least expects to be noticed.” (Karen Ehman)
“There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who walk into a room and say, ‘There you are’ and those who say, ‘Here I am’.”
Would you consider joining me this February for a Kindness Challenge? Pick a few ideas off the list and plan them into your calendar next month!
28 Ways to Spread Some Kindness
1. Write a note or card of encouragement to someone battling depression, anxiety, or loss.
2. Drop off fresh flowers to a single friend.
3. Offer to babysit for a young mom for a few hours so she can have some alone time.
4. Take someone a meal this month.
5. Buy an extra coffee drink and share it with someone.
6. Invite someone over into your home.
7. Send a gift card to a family who could use some extra support.
8. Contact your local food pantry or pregnancy center and see what the needs are.
9. Send a long distance friend a care package.
10. Buy two books, one for you and one for a friend.
11. Schedule a zoom or facetime lunch with a friend.
12. Check in with your neighbor and see if you can run any errands for them.
13. Make a craft bag for the neighbor kids.
14. Make your husband’s favorite dinner.
15. Pray for your husband, family, and neighbors every day this month.
16. Pack your husband’s lunch, make his coffee, and start his vehicle before he leaves for work.
17. Shovel your neighbor’s driveway.
18. Pray for persecuted believers around the world.
19. Give your child’s teacher a gift card this month (and some extra Clorox wipes and Kleenex boxes.)
20. Reach out to a friend who suffered a miscarriage last year and ask them how they are doing.
21. Connect with someone you know who is in the process of adopting. Ask how you can pray for them.
22. Drop off some breakfast items to that mom who chose to homeschool this year or who is at home doing e-learning with her kids.
23. Call your grandparents or send them a card (or do both!)
24. Send a coffee or meal gift card (with a thank you note!) to those you know in the medical profession.
25. Speak words of encouragement and blessing over your children every day this month.
26. Before your friend leaves your home from the morning’s playdate, pray over her.
27. Do you know anyone who will be entering this Valentine’s Day alone for the first time? Call them or better yet show up with flowers or a small gift thats says you intentionally thought about them.
28. Drop off a bag of groceries on the doorstep of that family who just said yes to a foster care placement.